Close this browser window to return to the list
Host Code: 1444
- Province: Sichuan Province 四川省
- Nearest large city: Chengdu
- Languages spoken at home: Mandarin, some English
- Home location:
On a farm 农场
In a rural area 乡村
In a small town 小城镇
- Home description:
- WWOOFer duration of stay:
All Year 所有年份
- Children OK: Discuss with Host prior to visit
- Are you vegetarian: No, we do not exclude meat
- How many WWOOFers at one time:
- Time of year WWOOFers may visit:
All Year 所有年份
- Type of host:
Vegetable Farm 菜园
Rice Farm 水稻农场
Dairy Farm 奶牛场
Organic Farm 有机农场
Register today and start your WWOOF China adventure
- Farm organically:    Yes (我们从来没有使用农药)
- Use animal waste for fertilizer 在您耕种过程中您只用动物粪便作为肥料吗:    Yes 是
- Raise animals 您饲养家禽或家畜吗:    Yes 是
- Animals fed chemicals or medicine 在您饲养家禽或家畜的过程中您使用化学添加剂或药物吗:    No 没有
- Use chemical pesticides to control insects/disease 您使用化学杀虫剂来控制昆虫或农作物疾病吗:    No 没有
- Use chemical fertilizers in your farming 在您耕种过程中您使用化学肥料吗:    No 没有
- Farm naturally 在您耕种过程中您让作物自然生长么:    Yes 是
- Would like to learn more about organic farming practices 您想了解更多关于有机农业的信息吗:    Yes 是
- WWOOFers tasks:
- Message to WWOOFers:
Crazy Ranch Farm is a is a certified organic dairy farm located 50kms away from Chengdu. We raise diary cows, rabbits, chickens, ducks and goats, grow rice, fruits and vegetables and make jams, chutneys and preserved vegetables for our prepaid farm members in Chengdu. The farm employs 30-40 staff, depending on the amount of work on the farm.
Established as a humble dairy farm in 2002 by “Mama Hu”, “Crazy Ranch Farm” is now one of the oldest sustainable organic farms in China. The farm adheres to the principle of “Modern Ecological & Recycling Agriculture” - that is, we seek to minimise negative environmental impacts through the analysis and intentional design and implementation of the farm, by seeking to understand how biological processes (i.e. plants, soils, water, animals etc) are connected to each other. For example, we have established a wetland that naturally purifies the water flowing through the farm.
Crazy Ranch Farm is also a training ground for young rural workers to learn about organic and sustainable farming practices, and to learn how to become self reliant on the fertile land.
We welcome WWOOFers from all backgrounds and experiences, but would also greatly appreciate any farmhands with experience in cheese making. We have hosted WWOOFers from all over the world, including Europe (France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands,Spain and Sweden), Hong Kong, Taiwan,Australia, India, Israel, New Zealand and the United States of America etc.
We are not vegetarians however we can accommodate vegetarians 🙂
If wwoofer can speak some Chinese, that would be a great plus.