Close this browser window to return to the list
Host Code: 1768
- Province: Beijing Municipality 北京市
- Nearest large city: Beijing
- Languages spoken at home: both Chinese and English
- Home location:
On a farm 农场
In a small town 小城镇
- Home description:
the farm has a history over 8 years which includes a greenhouse, a orchard and a Chinese traditional building.
- WWOOFer duration of stay:
2 weeks 两个星期
- Children OK: No
- Are you vegetarian: Yes, we do not eat meat in our home
- How many WWOOFers at one time:
1 or 2 at once
it is north China so it is cold in winter and warm in summer
- Time of year WWOOFers may visit:
All Year 所有年份
- Type of host:
Vegetable Farm 菜园
Organic Farm 有机农场
Register today and start your WWOOF China adventure
- Farm organically:    Yes (我们从来没有使用农药)
- Use animal waste for fertilizer 在您耕种过程中您只用动物粪便作为肥料吗:    Yes 是
- Raise animals 您饲养家禽或家畜吗:    No 没有
- Use chemical pesticides to control insects/disease 您使用化学杀虫剂来控制昆虫或农作物疾病吗:    No 没有
- Use chemical fertilizers in your farming 在您耕种过程中您使用化学肥料吗:    No 没有
- Farm naturally 在您耕种过程中您让作物自然生长么:    Yes 是
- Would like to learn more about organic farming practices 您想了解更多关于有机农业的信息吗:    Yes 是
- WWOOFers tasks:
Cleaning house 打扫卫生
- Message to WWOOFers:
Thank you for enquiring about coming to experience the permaculture lifestyle of Happiness Farm. we only can accept the age is over 18 years old WWOOFer’s application and only open to WWOOF in China members. The WWOOFer whose age is between 25-35 years old is more welcome.
You will be working five full days (Mon-Sat.) with 1 day off (Sun). Hours vary dependent on weather and what's needed at the time, but generally you will work a full day.
The busy seasons are spring to sow seeds in May and autumn in late September to harvest. During the summer from July to August, there are lots of fundamental building works and earth works to do which are all hard working. Especially in 2014,we will build up a used shipping container house with grey water system in green house and straw bale walls. The earth works include build up dams and swales and so on.
Accommodation and food:
Accommodation and food are provided. All meals are taken together and food is simple and from the garden, whatever is in season, mostly vegetarian. we don't provide tea or coffee on a daily basis. Part of your job will be to help with food preparation and household chores.
What to bring:
Working gloves, shoes good for working outside and all-weather clothes (hat/long sleeved light-weight shirt in summer, gumboots/woollies in winter) and a torch.
We encourage you to plan well all your trips before you arrive at our farm because there is no broadband access nor wireless. You can use your mobile phone signal to access internet on top of hill in rose farm, but the signal is not strong.