Close this browser window to return to the list
Host Code: 2253
- Province: Sichuan Province 四川省
- Nearest large city: Chengdu
- Languages spoken at home: Chinese, English
- Home location:
In a small town 小城镇
- Home description:
Room in House
- WWOOFer duration of stay:
All Year 所有年份
- Children OK: Yes
- Are you vegetarian: No, we do not exclude meat
- How many WWOOFers at one time:
- Time of year WWOOFers may visit:
All Year 所有年份
- Type of host:
Vegetable Farm 菜园
Flower Farm 花卉
Rural School 农村学校
Private Home 城市的私人住宅
Store or Cafe 店或咖啡厅
- Other details:
Strawberry farm, horse farms, river activities
Register today and start your WWOOF China adventure
- Farm organically:    No (我们不耕种有机)
- Use animal waste for fertilizer 在您耕种过程中您只用动物粪便作为肥料吗:    Yes 是
- Raise animals 您饲养家禽或家畜吗:    Yes 是
- Animals fed chemicals or medicine 在您饲养家禽或家畜的过程中您使用化学添加剂或药物吗:    Yes 是
- Use chemical pesticides to control insects/disease 您使用化学杀虫剂来控制昆虫或农作物疾病吗:    No 没有
- Use chemical fertilizers in your farming 在您耕种过程中您使用化学肥料吗:    No 没有
- Farm naturally 在您耕种过程中您让作物自然生长么:    Yes 是
- Would like to learn more about organic farming practices 您想了解更多关于有机农业的信息吗:    Yes 是
- WWOOFers tasks:
Help with children 与家人的帮助
Hand made products 手工制作的产品
Cleaning house 打扫卫生
Working in shop 在商店工作
Making crafts 制作工艺
- Message to WWOOFers:
Who are we?
We are a group of aspiring young people undertaking natural education innovation project in rural China. We own a large and beautiful farm, which is located in the suburb of Chengdu, Sichuan Province. As known as the hometown of panda, Chengdu is a relaxing international city which worth a visit. However, do not have any expectation to meet pandas on the street! Our farm is only 50 minutes’ drive from city center and 20 min from the airport, so you can choose to take a bus or a taxi to get to our farm.
Our Farm has been well-organized since 2012 which is still operating quite well and has a very high reputation among our customers and cooperative partners. The farm covers an area of 2 hectares, including living quarters, recreation area, scenic area, animal section and plant section. In the farm, there are three luxury houses that you will live in one of them with fully equipped facilities, a spacious kitchen, a grocery store selling farm products as well as a summer swimming pool. We are proud of owning more than 12 kinds of animals, including our superstar ostrich, and a large variety of non-spray vegetables. Real organic strawberries are growing vigorously in the greenhouses.
What are we doing?
As planned, we started to build our natural education base last year. We grow trees and plants. We raise chicken and ducks. We do have lots of lovely and funny animals such as the ostrich, peacocks, goats, rabbits and pigs. Therefore, we live in a healthy and ecological lifestyle and also we are trying to do permaculture in our farmland. Beyond these, we design various curricula and activities for Children from 3-12 years old in our natural education programme. Animal feeding and introduction, vegetable recognition and farming, nature artworks, animal housing construction and physical training are just part of our system. Overnight camping on the lawn is also available and it becomes a more and more popular activity among parents, self-serviced BBQ and parties included.
Due to an increase of popularity and an incredible large amount of visitors in our farm, we would like to invite you to come to help us and increase our cultural diversity. No requirement or experience needed.
We need you!
In exchange, you can either choose to work 6 hours per day for free food and accommodation, or 4 hours per day for free accommodation only, with both two days off per week. You can pick your own vegies and then cook in your way. We absolutely welcome different cultures.
What are your main duties?
1. Farm work and gardening, such as weeding, planting and fertilizing. Just make sure you get enough exercise every day.
2. Assistance in artworks. Training is provided and then you will help us in natural art courses. Besides, if you have any good ideas about natural artifacts, you can create masterpieces and design courses on your own.
3. Housekeeping. We keep everything clean and tidy, but don’t worry about the shit in the farmland.
4. Basic maintenance. Carpenters, plumbers or any related experience are more than welcomed.
5. Teaching English in some programmes if possible.
6. Sometimes we will ask you to feed animals if needed.
7. Enjoy your stay and relax. Be talkative and share your stories with us.
What can you get from this experience?
1. Free cozy twin room with private bathroom, a large kitchen and unlimited Wi-Fi, free self-produced food, free interesting talks and free local travel guidance.
2. You can explore both surrounding rural areas and Chengdu city to gain a better understanding of China in your spare time.
3. Practical operating experience of natural education curriculum and permaculture. The precious and rare opportunity to involve in Chinese traditional agriculture.
Minimum stay is one week.