Close this browser window to return to the list
Host Code: 2022
- Province: Guangxi Zhuang Region 广西壮族自治区
- Nearest large city: guilin
- Languages spoken at home: Mandarin, English, Xingping
- Home location:
On a farm 农场
In a rural area 乡村
In a small town 小城镇
- Home description:
We are a small permaculture/organic farm in the countryside, 15 minutes from Xingping Village, outside Guilin. The house is a semi-resort located directly next to the farm.
- WWOOFer duration of stay:
Up to 3 months 长达三个月
- Children OK: Yes
- Are you vegetarian: No, we do not exclude meat
- How many WWOOFers at one time:
- Time of year WWOOFers may visit:
All Year 所有年份
- Type of host:
Vegetable Farm 菜园
Organic Farm 有机农场
Register today and start your WWOOF China adventure
- Farm organically:    Yes (我们从来没有使用农药)
- Use animal waste for fertilizer 在您耕种过程中您只用动物粪便作为肥料吗:    Yes 是
- Raise animals 您饲养家禽或家畜吗:    Yes 是
- Animals fed chemicals or medicine 在您饲养家禽或家畜的过程中您使用化学添加剂或药物吗:    No 没有
- Use chemical pesticides to control insects/disease 您使用化学杀虫剂来控制昆虫或农作物疾病吗:    No 没有
- Use chemical fertilizers in your farming 在您耕种过程中您使用化学肥料吗:    No 没有
- Farm naturally 在您耕种过程中您让作物自然生长么:    Yes 是
- Would like to learn more about organic farming practices 您想了解更多关于有机农业的信息吗:    Yes 是
- WWOOFers tasks:
Hand made products 手工制作的产品
Making crafts 制作工艺
- Message to WWOOFers:
Reconnect with the natural life around you by helping us refresh an existing permaculture farm, next to the town of Xingping. We need your help by adding some new ideas of your own. We encourage your creativity and spontaneity in this loving, natural life that daily, brings us peace.
Currently there is a grey water and a black water system in place. There is a working garden and a nature area full of flowers and other plants of beauty.
We would like to build a natural oven from the nature that surrounds us everyday; a common area, under the existing pavilion for guests to sit and relax under; a Koi pond next to the pavilion; a new "shed" to house tools and building implements; and an herb garden for use in daily cooking.
There is an existing hotel connected with the permaculture farm and we would like to guests to be able to connect with the permaculture farm and the surrounding nature, which includes the neighboring Karst mountains used for rock climbing, cave exploring, and mountain trekking.
Like mentioned above, we are looking for volunteers to help us to rebuild and add onto an existing permaculture farm, doing such activities as building a natural over for cooking a "natural" area for guests to sit, an herb garden to brighten up the smell and to excite any food dish being prepared, and a shed to house the tools and other farming equipment.
Travelers will either learn about or add more onto their existing knowledge of a permaculture farm but that is not all that is gained. Being in a remote village in Xingping, surrounded by nature, you will be able to better see first hand and experience how southeast Chinese people live and work.
Being in a small city town, you will also get the opportunity to learn or expand your knowledge of the Chinese language. Also take a chance and come learn some of the local dialect - Xingping
There are many natural activities around here such as rock climbing, cave exploring, swimming, natural photography, and mountain climbing to the best mountain around Xingping - Da Mien shan. If you wish for a day of city life or wish for some western food, the town of Xingping is a 5 minute boat ride across the Li River.